Couples marry all through the year now, although the late spring and summer months are still the most popular.
Today we’d like to champion March as a potential month to get wed. It’s a little late to book this year, but if you’ve recently become engaged then this time next year might be your very own March wedding.
- About now, there’s a definite change in the air. While the snowdrops are going over, the crocuses and daffodils are heralding the new season. Everyone seems more cheerful and thinking ahead to sunny days.
- March weddings work well for wedding guests – your family and friends won’t be trying to juggle their summer holiday with your wedding.
- Accommodation is easier to book as there are more vacancies. You might find a local holiday complex that will let you book long weekend breaks for your guests, and nearby hotels may well have good deals on offer.
- Suppliers, including photographers and florists aren’t so booked up and will have more time to concentrate on you, as they won’t be dashing from wedding to wedding.
- If you’re a fashion-conscious bride, a March wedding will give you the chance to flaunt the new season wedding dress before anyone else. Your guests, too, will have the pick of the new collections to choose from.
- Marrying at a cooler time of year is brilliant for older brides (and guests) who prefer to wear sleeves and layers.
- Yours may be the first wedding of the year for your guests, so they will be extra-excited and looking forward to spending the day with you.
- There is something really rather special about celebrating your wedding at Escot on a spring day, where you can look out over Escot Park watching nature burst into life whilst being snug and warm in our lovely Devon wedding venue.
- Longer days mean you can utilise the terrace and garden (weather willing) and make the most of the daylight, before partying the night away.
When you’re planning your wedding day, don’t discount March! Come and see Escot this month and you’ll see why this is a great time to get wed.