Outdoor activities at Devon Country Pursuits
One of the great benefits for corporates and other organisations using Escot House is the option of booking onsite activities. We often talk about the combination of a morning conference and afternoon activity as presenting the perfect away day – hard work followed by hard play!
Although we’re not open for conference and seminars just yet, we’re delighted that our onsite activity partners Devon Country Pursuits are open for bookings. We’ve been working with Mark and his team for many years, and we know how much effort they put into getting things right.
They have worked really hard to make sure that activities are safely run within Covid-19 guidelines, and it has been a real joy to see small groups back on the Estate having some fun.
Activities that can be booked include quad biking, Segway, foot golf, air rifles, clay shoot, archery and axe throwing…..
What’s axe throwing? Well, it’s a unique sport that’s easy to learn (similar to throwing darts, but with axes!). Really good fun, it’s a great a way to get the adrenaline flowing. Even better you can add throwing knives and throwing angels to create your own ‘ultimate throwing experience’!
Foot golf is a little less aggressive perhaps! The course has been refreshed during lockdown and there are some great challenges with water features, bunkers and other obstacles. The 19 hole-course takes 75-90 mins to complete.
Activities give an opportunity for friends to get together and have a bit of much-needed fun – safely.
These are some of the things you need to know:
- Slots are limited to the same group per session, so you will not be mixed with others.
- Your instructor will have face mask and clear visor while doing any one to one training.
- Riders will be asked to bring their own gloves and if you wish you are welcome to bring your own helmet.
- Handlebars, guns, balls etc will be disinfected between sessions.
- All equipment will be fully cleaned between sessions and PPE only used once every 48 hours.
- Bookings are essential as slots are limited.
For more information and to see what’s available visit devoncountrypursuits.co.uk
Good luck to Mark and the team, we’re sure you’ll be busy over the summer!